BEST Cinnamon Rolls EVER!!!
These are so easy to make and cook PERFECTLY even in the inside layer. Your family will love them! The frosting melts and the sugar carmelizes in just the right way to create a wonderful treat!
- Rolling Pin
- bowl, spatula
- stand mixer OR hand mixer
- 1 cup warm milk (110 to 115 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 2½ tsp teaspoons instant yeast 2 large eggs
- 2 eggs large
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted but not hot
- 4½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup white sugar
- In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast into warm milk. Add the eggs, butter, salt, and sugar and mix until well-combined. Add in 4 cups of flour and mix JUST until the ingredients are combined. Let rest for 5 minutes before kneading. Knead the dough for 5-10 minutes, adding in the remaining ½ cup of flour, until the dough is smooth and elastic.Place ball of dough into a lightly greased bowl. Cover and let rest in a warm place for 30 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.For the filling, combine the softened butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Mix until well combined.On a floured surface, roll the dough into a large rectangle, about 25×16 inches. Spread the filling evenly over the dough with a spoon or spatula. Roll up the dough (jelly roll style), starting at the long end. Cut the dough into 12 even slices and place in a greased 9×13 baking pan. Cover and allow rolls to rise for 25 minutes.Warm the cream (only warm, not hot!) and pour over the rolls. Bake rolls at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 19-23 minutes, until they are golden and the centers are fully cooked.FOR THE FROSTING: Beat together the softened butter and cream cheese. Gradually add in the powdered sugar. Mix in vanilla extract. Once the cinnamon rolls are cooled, spread the frosting on top and ENJOY!!